Taking the recommendation of some friends, I'm going to plan on switching over to another platform for turning some of the ideas presented here into higher quality pieces that can reach broader audiences. That is, I plan to turn the best quality work here into articles on more widely-used platforms.
As those articles are published (online), I'll continue to link them from here and from other social media (as of now, FB, maybe Minds).
That being said, I plan on continuing to use this blog to "get the noggin joggin", i.e. as a tool to think. While in the past, people have used private journals, tape recorders, and other devices for that job, I think that there are at least a handful of advantages to practicing doing much of one's thinking via hypertext on the Internet.
Some of those advantages of maintaining a blog in the sense of a sort of open journal:
- It is easy to share ideas (copy/pasta, links...)
- It helps cultivate the habit of daily writing
- It is a more appropriate place to explore various ideas than jumping into the public's eye on platforms like Twitter, FB-status-shitposting, etc.
Onward, seeing how this direction goes~
Labels: workflow