The past month or so, I got occupied with a lot of academic things, family matters, and the like, so unfortunately I didn't get to do all too much for this blog. (Insert more excuses here)
Still, I've been cooking up many ideas, and plan in the coming month(s) to deliver some (hopefully interesting) content. This includes discussions of...
Doing stuff:
- Getting Things Done (David Allen) – alluded to in "Procrastinating Pomodoro Style" (10/08/2017)
- Alcohol, Caffeine, and Productivity – necessarily high-level and accessible, since my biology/chemistry understanding remains basic
- Anxiety and Execution – How doing undoes stress
- The Protestant Work Ethic – Some thoughts on "work" and productivity
- Reflections on Writing Papers – What has and hasn't helped me in (academic) writing and what I see as the road forward
Languages and more:
- Language Study Revamp – Why and how I changed how I approach studying languages
- Esperanto, Bottom Up – How bottom-up engagement have allowed a top-down planned language to survive
- Talking about "languages" – What are "languages" and where do we draw lines between them?
Communication and philosophy:
- Disagreeing and Understanding – Exercises in articulating opposing viewpoints
- Streams of Consciousness and Conversation – How does your experience compare to that of the person you are talking to, and why this matters in conversation
This blog is largely a learning project for me – I hope to discover how to make better content, more often through trial and error with this project.
Okay, onwards into 2018!